King Tuts - Tuna Kush/Grease Monkey

MOM Name
King Tuts
Overall rating out of 10:
8.5/10

Standard sign up, sent my id (blacked out the important bits). Had my account in a couple of hours

Ordering & Pricing:
Ordering was simple, nice easy website to navigate, paid with e-transfer

Communication:
Communication was great, sent a couple of emails back and forth before I placed an order. Had a couple of more questions while ordering and the Budtender responded very quickly, very friendly

Packaging:
Placed order late on a Friday, got the package on a Tuesday. Products came in an Express envelope, inside of an airtight bag. The Tuna Kush was inside a resealable foil bag, the Grease Monkey sample was inside of a pill bottle. No smell whatsoever, and a pack of Raw papers was included

Products / Photos:
Tuna Kush 8.5/10
The nuggets are very fresh (more on this in the "Notes" section below) conical, completely frosted, and dense with an okay trim. My grinder had a lot of trouble grinding it up, once ground a pungent skunky, woody dank smell took over the room. Smoking it is a little bit harsh (from my experience all Tuna strains tend to be on the harsh side), but with nice white ash. Vaping really brings out the skunk, dank, even some diesel flavours, very delicious IMO. The high hits quick and hard, with a heavy, heavy Indica punch. A definite couch lock feeling that lasted for a couple of hours, great for insomnia. I have trouble sleeping and this put me out!

This is one of the better versions of Tuna Kush I've had, and I have tried lots of them. The trim could be better, so the bag appeal is not the best, but the freshness (read the notes at the end) makes up for this. It is on the expensive side, but if you love a potent Tuna strain, you might want to give this a try. I believe this strain is in the AAA+/AAAA- zone, maybe more AAAA- (kinda torn about this one)

Grease Monkey 8/10
A nice one gram sample, the nuggets were dense with a good trim. The smell was gassy, almost diesel like with woody undertones and definite skunk. The bud exploded in my grinder, and the skunk and diesel really came out then. The smoke was nice and smooth, but it burned to a dark grey ash. This is a creeper weed, it was a couple of minutes until i felt the full effects. A relaxed, heavy feeling overcame me, but not so relaxed I couldn't function. Maybe by smoking larger quantities it can become a couch lock type of feeling, The effects lasted for about an hour and a half, with no crash. Overall a nice strain, but the price is a bit high for me, maybe as a part of a mix and match? AAA+

Incentive for Customers:
-rewards program
-edibles, all types of extracts, grow supplies, even a head shop
-in chatting with the owner you can tell that he is a nice, straight up guy
-they will take care of you

Incentive for Review:
Really liked the Tuna Kush, wanted to pass on the word

Notes:
During a chat on the forum, and later through emails I found out that the Tuna Kush is shipped to King Tuts in half ounce and one ounce cans by the grower (hence the freshness). Now this grower is very old school and thinks the AAAA system is stupid, believing that AAA is the max. The cans come in labelled AAA, but the product is very good. King Tuts does not want to piss off people so they open the can and ship it. But if you ask nicely in the notes section when you order they will ship you the can, and this is what intrigued me

Re: King Tuts - Tuna Kush/Grease Monkey

Glad you enjoyed the Tuna like you did! We also feel that it's the real deal. We're very happy to have it and yeah, you want a HEAVY Indica? Look no further, if it's in your budget. Nice review on the Grease Monkey as well :) Appreciate the time and effort you put in!

I'd like to also thank you for the mention of the can option. Yeah, once those bad boys are opened up... You can imagine the smell!

Like I always say... Nice cans!

King Tuts wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:57 am
Glad you enjoyed the Tuna like you did! We also feel that it's the real deal. We're very happy to have it and yeah, you want a HEAVY Indica? Look no further, if it's in your budget. Nice review on the Grease Monkey as well :) Appreciate the time and effort you put in!

I'd like to also thank you for the mention of the can option. Yeah, once those bad boys are opened up... You can imagine the smell!

Like I always say... Nice cans!
Thanks, saving those points for a can soon!

Raptorfan93 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:09 pm
Hey buddy, nice review. Love the detail and the pictures. Thanks for making the purchase and reporting back. Glad the tuna was fresh :)
Thanks bro, I had to use a stick to get the last nuggets out of the bag (didn’t get the can, just got a quarter to try)! This version of Tuna was a nice surprise. I saw your other post (mods), man some of these guys are serious, lol