Overall rating out of 10:
Ordering & Pricing:
The pricing vs. quality can't hardly be beat.
This particular MOM is by invite only (now accepting new members), and as I am affiliated with this business, I must confess a sleight bias. Although in all honesty, I was among Boat's first large purchasers, and the quality and pricing has stayed so consistent that I have felt zero need to shop elsewhere for product.
Fantastic. If you are in the discord server, it's 1:1, real-time.
I have not seen the new packaging, but I believe it is now all mylar bags, etc
Products / Photos:
- Nose/Flavour: It was a wee bit on the dry side when I picked it up (I was warned beforehand), but the aromas have really come out after a few days in a jar with a humidity pack. This strain has the classic, strong nose of old cheese with a bit of an earthy undertone. The flavour isn’t as cheesy as the smell would imply, which I find makes its slightly more palatable.
- Trim/Cure: Both were excellent… after a bit of humidity trauma relief. The buds now have an excellent squish and bounce. Nugs were massive (12 grams at the largest), dense, with a classic structure (if ever I saw one) and frosted with nice mature trichomes.
- Lift/Buzz: This cheese is heavily intoxicating. It’s a very spacey/heady/psychoactive/”trippy” high, that makes my senses feel heightened. Quite giggly, and overall a really enjoyable and strong high.
- Potency/Quality: Like everything else here, potency is a fairly subjective element based on tolerance. Mine is high (maybe 2g/day flower and concentrates), but not insanely high. So for me, this is probably leaning toward a high-trip (AAA+). A fairly small amount (less than 0.5g) gives me a good strong stone for well over an hour.
- Vapour Quality: Even after the humidity reset, it is a little bit on the harsh side, both in the vaporizer and in joints, though personally, I find all cheese strains slightly harsh.
- Overall: For the price, I am much happier with my cheese purchase from YOT than I have been with any other budget oz I have purchased in the past from other moms. It easily stands a grade higher, both in potency and bud structure, than what I am used to buying at this price range. Though admittedly, it was slightly dry at first, so have all of my 99’ers been, so when I have the choice, I’ll take the dry weed with serious potency over the dry weed that smokes like hemp.
Incentive for Customers:
Very competitive pricing for higher than average quality. Boat's Buds is the only place I buy from currently.
Incentive for Review:
$5 discount on next order, which I will forego as I am affiliated with the business.
This is and older review that I have newly revised as Boat's Buds is looking to establish itself as a legitimate MOM.