Island Herb Review

**Mom/Retailer Name:**
IslandHerb

https://imgur.com/a/VGH15Z9

*Communication and packaging:**

Communication with Anna was an experience in it's on. Located on beautiful Salt Spring Island, they resource all of their cannabis from farms located on the Gulf Islands, we chatted a bit about this due to it being a place close to my heart - polite, personable and talkative, that is the definition of an Islander.

It came packed in a discrete white box, with their brown herb bags vaccum sealed within - they have the farm where it was grown (holy shit!), strain, amount, who it was packaged by and when.
Their herb bags are compostable. Just remove the sticker, before putting in the compost - they aim for as minimal waste as possible (besides the vaccum seal!)

**Strains and pictures:**

**G Code AAA+ (IND):**
What a beautiful nug. A deep purple color surrounded by twisting orange hairs and the little flecks of green trim, each nug you could tell was hand trimmed and paid attention to. The crystal coverage is beautiful, glistening white trichomes which sparkle in the light. It is actually crazy, one of the best bag appeal buds I've seen in a while.
With a floral scent that immediately makes you think of an island, it is very much a 'garden' in it's own. The taste is very earthy and hashy, with that floral scent appearing right at the end. It's actually quite sweet and VERY unique.
It definitely is a potent stress reliever. It provided me an uplifted mood immediately upon smoking, turning into a wave of relaxing comfort. I was happy, motivated and calm about being so - an effective treatment for MANY mental disorders. It was a little shorter lasting than the others, so Its bag appeal is more intense than its high

**Purple Kush AAAA (IND):**
With a very dark green base that only reveals its purple slightly throughout and within, this was a work of art. A nice, tight spiky nug that was extremely resinous, the white heads could be seen easily by eye - they engulfed the nug entirely to turn it into this frosted wonder. The smell was an intense pungent dank, with that undertone of sweet earth and hash that all kush has. It was STRONG. The taste proved to be the exact same, filling my mouth with the taste all kush lovers hope for, and it sat me back with my head in my knees, an instant face 'push', starting behind my eyes, into my head, down my neck until I was blanketed in a sense of euphoria. I was SO comfortable, in my own skin and my own head, with not an overly couch lock effect. It cradled me into a gentle sleep after a couple hours, and I slept like a baby.

*Lemon Kush Headband AAAA (SAT):**
A blast of fruit, an extremely sweet, and then earthy smell explodes once the bag has been opened - something that you would let your whole house reek of just as an inscense- the citrus pairing is what lingers the most, almost like a sweet lemon kitchen cleaner. Each toke is a delicious blend of those fruity sweet flavors, leaving almost a Five Alive taste on your tongue. This hit me QUICK, resulting in such an enthusiastic, positve, and energetic buzz that threw me into creative overdrive - anything that I thought was a challenge turned into a breeze, and it kept me going the entire day through work. It is AMAZING, the definition of a true quad sativa.

*Girl Scout Cookies AAA (HYB):**
Dark orange hairs wrap around the frosty trichomes among bright green leaves. The trim was a little shotty, and all nugs were small. A sweet, but almost sweaty smell resignates over the buds, and it is almost intoxicating, in such an odd way. This seemed to be a much different phenotype again, which is making me think someone has crossed down the line and it has spread.. the taste was very earthy and sweet, but short lasting. It was a very heady, thoughtful high, releasing me into a sociable state whilst keeping my cool - it was like it sped up my mind but slowed down my body to the point they could comfortably keep up. It was a short lived high, or at least not as noticable after a short time. An excellent strain for daytime use or work however.

They offer 20% off your first order upon membership sign up, occasional members only sales and specials, and subscription options coming in the new year...
Last edited by JD17 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Island Herb Review

JD17 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:08 am
xsinx wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:38 am
Please add some pictures my friend :)
I thought it was not required in the general forum (as my imgur never works). I will attempt it here though. Please let me know
Indeed not required, I thought this was in Reviews. Either way peeps like pics!!! Maybe tell us what the issue is with imgur, maybe we can help?

JD17 wrote:
xsinx wrote:
I thought it was not required in the general forum (as my imgur never works). I will attempt it here though. Please let me know
What kind of link are you trying to use? I have no problem using a Linked BB.

R.R.Toking wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:11 am
JD17 wrote:
xsinx wrote:
What kind of link are you trying to use? I have no problem using a Linked BB.
Thank you guys for trying to help, I've done it in an alternate fashion now at the top of the post - please let me know that it works!

R.R.Toking wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:54 pm
Signed up and ordered in just over an hour, pretty easy. Probably should have waited till tomorrow to order as it will probably end up sitting all weekend but on the off chance that it comes by Friday I made the order anyway.
What did ya order?!

JD17 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:33 pm
R.R.Toking wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:54 pm
Signed up and ordered in just over an hour, pretty easy. Probably should have waited till tomorrow to order as it will probably end up sitting all weekend but on the off chance that it comes by Friday I made the order anyway.
What did ya order?!
Ordered a 1/2oz mix(Violator, Nuken, Lemon Kush Headband and GSC) and an 1/8th of Island Haze.

Received my order yesterday. Not pleased with it one bit. Some of the flowers taste like soap and burns harsh. Whatever was sprayed on the flowers I ordered has ruined any possibility of enjoying the act of smoking. If they had not been sprayed with something I would say it’s all overpriced AAA+. The buds themselves look really decent and the Island Haze could have been very nice but soapy harsh smoke is not for me.

Edit:
After smoking a bit more of each flower I figured out it was the Island Haze and Nuken that tasted bad and burnt harsh. Both strains were from the same grower. After emailing them about it they have offered to send me two new bags of Cotton Candy and Pinapple free of charge and they are looking into why the buds were so bad.