The Ju1ceBox rosin extrator

Alright this ain't technically a MOM but I figured the template would work well, so hope you guys appreciate.

MOM Name The Ju1cebox (https://www.theju1cebox.com/)

Overall rating out of 10: 9/10

Ordering & Pricing: Their site has a very limited inventory, it's basically that product with a couple of options as extras. They do have a few other products, but it's a very limited store pretty much dedicated to their main product.

Communication: I sent them an email about a month ago inquiring about bulk pricing, if the unit was any good and there was a possibility of it being cheaper in bulk, I figured we could do a group buy... They never even replied. During the holidays I said fuck it, I'll just order one and see. I placed the order and it shipped swiftly. Once it got here I had some questions for them and they replied swiftly with very good information. I asked about the bulk again and they said sorry for not replying, they had taken my name down, but they were not currently doing bulk and would have contacted me later about it once they figure it out.

Packaging: Zero complaint there, they have their own custom box with an insert so everything stays put, very pro. The whole box is branded, but it was inside a packaging bag that's opaque so it was very discreet. The extras I ordered were inside the box itself, they had extra slots in the insert for all of it. Even came with a little instruction sheet. Top notch.

Products / Photos: The product is exactly as shown on the site, so I won't bother with pics of the actual unit. I was a bit scared it would be cheaply built, but it's really nice. The clamp they use is generic so if it ever breaks, any hardware store will have replacements. I'm a strong guy and it shows absolutely no sign of weakness when putting my full force pressing it. They even recommend using a towel under the bottom arm and putting your full body pressure to it to get a better squish.

The instructions recommended 2 minute of heat and then releasing the pressure. My first squish was done with their exact instruction and ended up being too much heat, the result was smokable, but it tasted quite nasty (burnt abv popcorn kinda smell). It is then that I contacted them for ideas and they recommended cutting off the power as soon as rosin starts pushing out of the bud but leaving the pressure, producing a lower temp squish. I used that method and it worked, but the yield was kind of shit. After messing around a bit, I found that eyeballing it is best, I just leave full heat and pressure for the whole squish, but as soon as there is less being pushed out, I just cut the power and release pressure. I'm getting excellent yields now. I don't have a scale, but I'm getting like green pea sized dabs out of half a gram on some strains. Didn't even expect that much.
Incentive for Customers: None

Incentive for Review: None

Notes: Found a small rebate by googling, ended up costing 222$ shipped all included, with 3 extra silicon containers and 90 extra parchment sheets. I regret getting the sheets, they're just plain parchment, nothing special.

Re: The Ju1ceBox rosin extrator

AimOrDie wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:29 pm
Off topic, I really like that colorful keyboard you've got, but do you have two keyboards on top of each other?
Eh, tell me about it. It's a high end gaming PC from MSI (old model though) and the kids dropped it on the floor a couple times. About 10 of the keys work intermittently now so I have to use an external keyboard.

To tell you the truth, that external keyboard is the real highlight here, it's a Logitech keyboard that's dishwasher safe (yes, you read that right)... So if you drop coffee, softdrink or whatever random shit, you just clean it and keep trucking. I don't know if they still make it, had it for like 10 years... Also longest lasting keyboard I ever had.

xsinx wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:59 pm
AimOrDie wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:29 pm
Off topic, I really like that colorful keyboard you've got, but do you have two keyboards on top of each other?
Eh, tell me about it. It's a high end gaming PC from MSI (old model though) and the kids dropped it on the floor a couple times. About 10 of the keys work intermittently now so I have to use an external keyboard.

To tell you the truth, that external keyboard is the real highlight here, it's a Logitech keyboard that's dishwasher safe (yes, you read that right)... So if you drop coffee, softdrink or whatever random shit, you just clean it and keep trucking. I don't know if they still make it, had it for like 10 years... Also longest lasting keyboard I ever had.
Ah, so it's an external keyboard on top of a laptop keyboard. Gotcha.

That's hilarious, I never thought I'd see a "dishwasher safe keyboard" thanks for the laugh. Honestly seems like something I should look into.

Cannabal wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:55 pm
These are junk, I have a buddy broke the clamp just dropping it on the ground, and another where the heating element died.
I'd like to see how 1000$ presses fair getting dropped on the ground :) Anyways, those clamps are like 10$ at Canadian Tire or whatever. Not sure how dropping it on the ground could break them though they're pretty sturdy. Only had it like a week so I can't comment on durability but it looks fine by me.

xsinx wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:02 pm
Cannabal wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:55 pm
These are junk, I have a buddy broke the clamp just dropping it on the ground, and another where the heating element died.
I'd like to see how 1000$ presses fair getting dropped on the ground :) Anyways, those clamps are like 10$ at Canadian Tire or whatever. Not sure how dropping it on the ground could break them though they're pretty sturdy. Only had it like a week so I can't comment on durability but it looks fine by me.
Would you mind posting an update again in a month or so, regarding durability? I'm looking for a good solo rosin press but I'm still skeptical. I wasn't aware the clamp was replaceable.

Cannabal wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:19 pm
Would you mind posting an update again in a month or so, regarding durability? I'm looking for a good solo rosin press but I'm still skeptical. I wasn't aware the clamp was replaceable.
Will do. About the clamp, I learned about it by googling reviews for the product (most of which are extremely positive btw, lots of opinions on forums/reddit and other semi obscure sources (none of it looked like shilling or "interested parties")... Some of the info I found during that search included the fact they used to sell the kit without the clamp and people could source theirs locally. Saw early versions of it that were using DeWalt clamps among other brands.

The one that comes with it is unbranded, so I guess they managed to find a really cheap one in China or something... but like I said, it's surprisingly sturdy built. Eyeballing the whole unit, if anything is to fail on it, I'd suspect the power cord/switch (you can see it's walmart 5$ lamp quality shit) or the small wires going from the box to the plates.. but unless you mess with them or drop/hit the unit, I don't see them breaking under normal usage.

If there is one complaint overall I could make is that they could really have gone the extra mile and put a dimmer to control heat. Even if it had no display/sensor like fancier units, having a dimmer built it would allow for some trial and error on temp control. Adding a dimmer to it would cost like just a couple more bucks to produce. I suppose they might introduce a more advanced unit later.